What the LIVE 8 campaigners got the G8 to Promise
Five days after the LIVE8 concerts the G8 leaders met.
Here are some of the promises that they agreed to make:
- $50 billion more aid per year by 2010
- AIDS drugs to all those who need them, and care for all AIDS orphans
- debt cancellation for 38 countries, with 18 benefiting this year
- Free, quality primary education and basic healthcare for all children.
- AIDS drugs for all who need them, and care for all AIDS orphans.
- Treatment and bed nets to halve deaths from malaria.
- Vaccinations to eradicate polio.